DragonTooth™
(HotNews) PSP Scammers DragonToothBanner-4
DragonTooth™
(HotNews) PSP Scammers DragonToothBanner-4
DragonTooth™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To DragonTooth (GameDEV). Our Administrators: Emptrix, Amethyst, Shizuko~Conan, Yamino. To Contact Us, e-mail: Dragon_Tooth@live.com.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DragonToothDEV Forum. We are currently not taking anymore new users, however we will accept users that has Friend's Recommendation. Members who's friends are joining please pm one of the Administrators the username of your friend's newly created account to get it activated.

(HotNews) PSP Scammers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emptrix
Staff Administrator
Emptrix

(HotNews) PSP Scammers Empty
PostSubject: (HotNews) PSP Scammers   (HotNews) PSP Scammers EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Planning to purchase a PSP (PlayStation Portable) at Sim Lim Square? Well thing again. 0o0lll

Originally Written by LittleAngel06
I went to Sim Lim Square on Thur,1st May 08 with my family with intention of getting a PSP Slim.
We went into this shop, unit #02-72 , the company invoice stated company name as “Evolution Gaming LLP” I have made calls to SLS management office & they replied that there isn’t this co. They register their shop name as "Square United". The salesman who serve us was extremely rude & unprofessiona(a short guy, wearing white frame glasses ,has a very huge Buddha pendant hang around his short neck).The PSP $310 was not in a good condition. The startup was very slow, there was lagging too, who would accept a new PSP as such??? When we say tat we don’t want it anymore, he demand us 2 pay him $400 as compensation. Isnt it ridiculous ??? When we ask for alternative to solve the issue, he suggest us to pay $120 more to increase the speed,

When we demand to see the boss he brought forward a guy (boss) who he was scolding a minute ago, we suspect , he is a imposter!

We confront the imposter boss on y we are not inform on the issue with the current psp batch and the boss tell us that : "In the whole SLS, no1 will provide such service, if we do, customer will walk away" They are hiding truth and cheating customer! I really doubt their business integrity.

we have no choice but to pay them the default set & we approach another shop 2 fix the problem, the salesman told us tat they are always doing such trick to the device so tat they could get the customer to buy the RAM from them. Such things happen in S’pore??? Can u imagine how tourists will think of S’pore if they ever know the truth? I strongly urge ppl out there not to patron this shop. I wonder if there are any bodies of association out there to control them...we can't let them ruin our nation image. Beware of their signboard...their actual name will not b put up, look out 4 this sign board : Panasonic 92/03684!

Originally Written by gerardmauro
Violence in Sim Lim Square # 02-76
I just want to warn everyone to AVOID going to unit # 02-76 in Sim Lim. They are grotesque scammers that has the tendency to be physically violent to customers. I was one of their unfortunate victims. Their signboad says 'Evolution Gaming LLP', but as I was researching on the net, they apparently regularly change their store name. They used to be called MH Electronics, or Mobile House Electronics. And a neighbouring store that's unit # 02-72 also used to be 'Evolution Gaming'. They were also called 'Compact Camera'. I've read a lot of complaints from that store too.

Anyway, here's what happened. My girlfiend and I went to Sim Lim to buy a PSP. I know, it was quite stupid of me to go there for a PSP. It's all over the net that the last place to buy a PSP is in Sim Lim. I went anyway, thinking it's "not gonna happen to me" (i was dead wrong). So we went to different shops to ask for prices. The prices we got were 360, and 340.. complete with all the necessary stuff like battery, 4G card, cable, case, and modification. When we got to unit # 02-76 (Evolution Gaming LLP), they quoted us $308. That was too cheap.. but it was almost 9pm and I was just tired and wanted the PSP. So I said I'll take one. The sales guy was friendly. He's tall, fat, and had a lot of pimples on his face. He took our money and said he'll modify it in front of us. After the so-called modification, he showed the PSP to me... and it was lagging! He said the modification took much of the RAM and it needed an upgrade, and that we had to pay $200! Holy sh*t... and while he was selling the upgrade to me, he kept calling me 'my friend...'. That was just annoying. I said we don't have that kind of money, and we'd like to get our money back. From here, things got ugly. The store owner (tall, skinny, and also had a lot of pimples) started shouting at us, saying just take the PSP, the we're wasting his time, etc. And another guy tried to talk to us,this short little guy with glasses, squeaky voice, introduced as the store manager. He tried to explain about the upgrade. But we've heard enough. We just wanted our money back, and we were not leaving. Finally they said we could have our money back, but since the PSP has already been modified, we should pay the GST (what the fishcake!). After much debate, I just said fine.. if that's what it takes to just leave this place, then ok. So they gave us our money, less gst (that's $21 - not bad, but still hurts). We were so pissed leaving the store. I decided to take a photo of the store premises so I could have a 'souvenir' for the event. Suddenly, this little guy with glasses (store manager, they say) started to slap me in the face! (I'm not sure if it was a slap or a punch.. looked like a punch, felt like a slap) He also shoulted at me with his small squeaky voice. I prepared to hit back, aiming at his small face.. but suddenly I see this tall lanky guy running from the store carrying a metal stool. And the fat pimply guy who tried to sell the PSP also came out running towards us too. The little guy's got backup! So now there's 3 of them, and one of me. I remember thinking, if I fight back, this is going to get ugly for me. But then, the short guy took a plastic chair and continued to hit me, as well as this tall guy with the metal stool! Unit # 02-76 Evolution Gaming LLP is situated at the corner of the floor. The beating continued until we reached the escalator. They hit me on the face, the arms, and body. My girlfriend was just shouting 'please stop!'. Suddenly they demanded for me to delete the photo.. i had no choice but to comply. After deleting (they continued to hit me by the way), Sim Lim security came in the scene. The little guy gave me one last hit on the body with his reliable plastic chair. After that, security called the police. The police came to talk to me, then went up to talk to the store owner (tall pimply guy). The guys that attacked me where no longer there (of course). We went to the police station, I gave a statement, they gave me a medical form, we went to the hospital to document the scratches I obtained from the attack. The police said that they were going to launch an investigation about it.

So now here I am writing about it. The net has got loads of warning stories like this about the scamming happening in Sim Lim. Let this be an additional story about it. I haven't actually read about any violence happening, so I think this is the first.

Reading up on the net, here's a few more stories/complains about unit #02-76 / Evolution Gaming LLP for scamming and bad service.

This one is when they were still called Mobile House Electronics Pte Ltd (signboard MH Electronics): http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1696186

Here's another one about #02-76 where they have bad attitude: http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/...p/t-10687.html

Here's another one about Evolution Gamming LLP:
http://imcomplicatedyetsosimple.blog...m-sim-lim.html

And another one for Evolution Gaming LLP:
http://forums.gameaxis.com/showthrea...Sim+lim+square

And another yet one... "Extreme Lousey Service in Sim Lim Sqare". This time it's in #02-72 but still called "Evolution Gaming LLP" (it's either they like exchanging signboards, or its the same owner): http://forums.gameaxis.com/showthread.php?t=1482761

Here's another on #02-72, but it's no longer called "Evolution Gaming".. This time their signboard says "Compact Camera": http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1793609

And another one on #02-72: http://sgforums.com/forums/2535/topics/313622

So I guess # 02-76 and # 02-72 exchange names, and has the same modus operandi. Everyone beware of these shops!

Originally Written by tinklebel
Beware of this shop at Sim Lim Square
I went to Sim Lim Square on Sunday, 17/06/07 with the intention to purchase a PSP. After scouting for sometimes, my friend and I came to this shop known as Mobile House Electronics Pte Ltd to check on the pricing of the PSP. After much haggling, the sale person offered a standard PSP pack with a 4GB memory stick to us at the price of $420 inclusive of GST, which we eventually bought it.

To our dismay, we realized that there was a missing battery from the pack when we reached home. Hence, I went down to the shop on the following day afternoon, 18/06/07, Monday to ask for my missing item. However, when I ask the sale person for my battery, he told me angrily that the standard pack does not come with a battery and only the value pack does.

Then after I requested to upgrade to the value pack by topping on money where later he say that it was out of stock and further said we are not allowed to change and insisted on me in purchasing the battery instead. Leaving me with no choice, I have to just buy the battery in order for my PSP to work. He first quoted me a price of $75 for the normal battery but further persuaded me to buy a higher capacity battery with longer battery life and comes with a warranty which we agreed at the price of $105 with GST. In total, I paid $525 for my PSP.

Later, when I told my friends about this, they told me that I had been conned as the standard pack of PSP does include the battery and moreover, the so-called “high capacity” battery that I paid for was actually the normal battery that was available in all PSP package.

Upon realizing this information, I went down to the shop again in the evening with my uncle and wanted to ask for a refund for the battery cost. Before doing do, I even went over to three other shops in the same complex to check out the prices for comparison. To my surprises, three other vendors quoted me at a much lower price of $30 or more, which all included the battery in their standard package.

Therefore, I went back to the shop to look for the sale person. His colleague, a medium built Chinese man in his mid thirties, claimed that he was not around. I recited the incident to him, asked him politely for his help. Instead of being helpful or even clarify the matter further, he pointed his finger at me and said that it was my fault that we assume and did not ask properly before purchasing. He started to raise his voice and smirk at me, asking me to go ahead and call the police or report it to CASE if I want to, saying that he is not afraid. I am seriously feel threaten and been bullied by the 2 sale persons.

Hence, my uncle did report to the police. When the 2 policemen arrived and investigated, all I am asking is just the refund of the cost of battery, but of no avail. No wonder both arrogant sale persons were not afraid and even dare us to report to the relevant authorities. I am seriously very disappointed and was flabbergasted by those two sale persons’ behaviour as right from the start. I am the helpless victim who was cheated by this dishonorable shop!!!!

Stuffs to take note before purchasing a PSP.
1. RAM Upgrade is a total load of crap as it there's no such thing.
2. Ask loads of questions, about the PSP including whether it comes with battery, charger is GST included, are you a con-man?
3. Specs and Model of the PSP. Including it's firmware. (Especially for those who wanna play games without a umd (Universal Media Disc) a media released by Sony.)
4. Most importantly the price. Not too cheap & not too expensive. You don't wanna pay peanuts and get peanuts.

Blacklisted Shops: Never Buy from blacklisted shops unless you're looking for trouble.
1. Sim Lim Square #02-76
2. Sim Lim Square #02-72
From what I've research it seems like this 2 shops are famous for their scamming tricks.

Cheapest PSP Price at Sim Slim Square
Currently: $150 comes with a PSP 2006 Console, a Battery, a Charger and an 8 GB Memory Stick.
LOL High chance it's a scam or a refurbished PSP.

Any more stuffs I've missed please let me know as I'm not a proud owner of a PSP. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://emptrix.tk
ice rico
The Serenade
ice rico

PostSubject: Re: (HotNews) PSP Scammers   (HotNews) PSP Scammers EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 pm

COOL!too bad i dont read the whole thing.great job now i will NOT go sim Lim square anymore lol.GREAT JOB EMP! (HotNews) PSP Scammers 651287
Back to top Go down
Emptrix
Staff Administrator
Emptrix

PostSubject: Re: (HotNews) PSP Scammers   (HotNews) PSP Scammers EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:08 pm

haha yeah quite dangerous in sim lim square.
Back to top Go down
http://emptrix.tk
H.Jakoko
princess Lightning
H.Jakoko

PostSubject: Re: (HotNews) PSP Scammers   (HotNews) PSP Scammers EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:17 pm

No la! Not scame. They just gt the handsome price
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
ChocoMiko
The Serenade
ChocoMiko

PostSubject: Re: (HotNews) PSP Scammers   (HotNews) PSP Scammers EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:55 pm

omgwd!! i pity the victims Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (HotNews) PSP Scammers   (HotNews) PSP Scammers Empty

Back to top Go down

(HotNews) PSP Scammers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonTooth™ :: Entertainments :: Advertisements-
Jump to: