DragonTooth™

Welcome To DragonTooth (GameDEV). Our Administrators: Emptrix, Amethyst, Shizuko~Conan, Yamino. To Contact Us, e-mail: Dragon_Tooth@live.com.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to DragonToothDEV Forum. We are currently not taking anymore new users, however we will accept users that has Friend's Recommendation. Members who's friends are joining please pm one of the Administrators the username of your friend's newly created account to get it activated.

Share | 

(E-News) World's fastest texting record smashed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xeno
The Serenade

PostSubject: (E-News) World's fastest texting record smashed   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm

A 27-year-old British woman has smashed the world record for typing the fastest text message, according to a mobile phone company.

Nimble-fingered Melissa Thompson, from Salford, Greater Manchester, texted "the razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human" in 25.94 seconds, Sky News reported.

The official Guinness World Record is currently held by American Franklin Page, 24, who wrote the same passage in 35.54 seconds earlier this year.

Ms Thompson's feat, which remains subject to Guinness approval, was achieved by using a "SWYPE" key pad, which enables users to input text without their fingertip leaving the screen.

The insurance company worker was shopping with her boyfriend, Chris Davies, when she was invited by Samsung to have a bash at breaking the record.

She said: "I used to send a lot of text messages - 40 or 50-a-day to Chris alone - so we both knew I could type fast.

"But since we moved in together and I started my job I haven't been texting as much and, you could say, my fingers were out of shape.

"It's a real shock to find out that I'm the fastest texter in the world."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

(E-News) World's fastest texting record smashed
Page 1 of 1