DragonTooth™
(E-News) Teacher loses job over Facebook posts DragonToothBanner-4
DragonTooth™
(E-News) Teacher loses job over Facebook posts DragonToothBanner-4
DragonTooth™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To DragonTooth (GameDEV). Our Administrators: Emptrix, Amethyst, Shizuko~Conan, Yamino. To Contact Us, e-mail: Dragon_Tooth@live.com.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DragonToothDEV Forum. We are currently not taking anymore new users, however we will accept users that has Friend's Recommendation. Members who's friends are joining please pm one of the Administrators the username of your friend's newly created account to get it activated.

(E-News) Teacher loses job over Facebook posts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xeno
The Serenade
Xeno

(E-News) Teacher loses job over Facebook posts Empty
PostSubject: (E-News) Teacher loses job over Facebook posts   (E-News) Teacher loses job over Facebook posts EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:10 pm

A TEACHER who was forced to resign after calling her students "germ bags" on Facebook has admitted what she did was stupid, but refused to apologise.

June Talvitie-Siple, 54, from Quincy, Massachusetts said she thought her Facebook posts were only visible to her friends when she also described the parents of her students as "snobby" and "arrogant", The Patriot Ledger reported.

The high school maths and science teacher in Cohasset, Massachusetts was forced to resign from the school after parents spotted the posts and complained to the school superintendent.

"She (the superintendent) did what was probably the most appropriate thing to do," Ms Talvitie-Siple told ABC News.

"I embarrassed her, I embarrassed the school district and, you know, if I were her, I probably would have done the same thing. It was not a surprise."

Ms Talvitie-Siple had complained to her friends on the social networking site that her students were "germ bags" as she had been sick for six months and students kept infecting her.

She also wrote: "I'm so not looking forward to another year at Cohasset Schools," adding that the community was "arrogant" and "snobby".

"I was being very stupid," Ms Talvitie-Siple told The Patriot Ledger.

"It's not somebody else's fault. I know not everyone in Cohasset is arrogant and a snob, but I?m not going to apologise."
Back to top Go down

(E-News) Teacher loses job over Facebook posts
Page 1 of 1