DragonTooth™
(E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands DragonToothBanner-4
DragonTooth™
(E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands DragonToothBanner-4
DragonTooth™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To DragonTooth (GameDEV). Our Administrators: Emptrix, Amethyst, Shizuko~Conan, Yamino. To Contact Us, e-mail: Dragon_Tooth@live.com.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to DragonToothDEV Forum. We are currently not taking anymore new users, however we will accept users that has Friend's Recommendation. Members who's friends are joining please pm one of the Administrators the username of your friend's newly created account to get it activated.

(E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeno
The Serenade
Xeno

(E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands Empty
PostSubject: (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands   (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:44 pm

(E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands Coolzi

A Serbian schoolgirl has amazed medics with her astonishing magnetic hands.

Ten-year-old Jelena Momcilov has been picking up cutlery, coins and even metal furniture by just touching them at her family home in Zeljusa, since she first discovered her powers five years ago.

Now experts at nearby Nis University have urged scientists to investigate, reports CEN.

“I’d say this is a kind of unknown bio-magnetism. More experts would need to join me and research what this is all about,” said department head Pavle Premovic.

While I was writing the recent post about Britain’s “Magnetic Mom,” I found an interesting quote from Edward Meyer, vice president of exhibits and archives at Ripley’s Believe It or Not, about the recent numbers of people who have unexplainable ‘magnetic’ activity:

“It’s only come to my attention in the last 10 years,” said Edward Meyer. “I’ve been at Ripley’s for over 30 years. We’ve got archives dating back to the early teens, almost 100 years now, and I don’t recall ever seeing it till up until 10 years ago.”

“So what we can safely say is that there’s a few of these out there, and it’s something that deserves a little more attention and explanation. Nobody seems to understand it very well — they’re just amazed it actually happens.”

This is from a well-written article at Occult Center:

It all started in 2004 when Jelena was watching a TV show with a girl who had the ability to attract objects. They would “stick”to her body as if both objects and the girl were magnetic. Curious, just like any other child, Jelena tried it and it worked for her as well.

She showed her abilities to her mother Slavica and father Venko. Their initial surprise turned into a worry that this type of play (Jelena definitely perceives this as a sort of a game) may have negative effects on her health. This concern soon dispersed because Jelena remained in good health despite attracting objects repeatedly just for fun.

Her father invited professor Pavle Premović from university of Nis who also teaches at Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris to have a look. This visit resulted in a conclusion that more research is needed.

As usual in the case of magnetic people the guesses range from “this is from a suction cup effect” to “they have sticky sweat”.

In Jelena’s case these don’t seem likely. The above picture is from a Croatian newspaper Vecernji List and shows Jelena holding two cigarette lighters (never mind the pedagogy now). As you can see, someone already though of the “it’s a suction cup thing” and shot this photo. The two lighters meet (i.e. leave a hole) exactly in the middle of the palm.
A reporter from Serbian magazine Trece Oko (Third Eye) sent a reporter to talk to the girl and her parents. They ruled out the sticky sweat theory too. When Jelena held a hand of Uros, a kid from a neighborhood, the objects were sticking to his hand as well. As soon as she lets go, the object fall off his hand. The reporter asked her to repeat this and she did. Three times.

One more piece of data in this puzzle is that radios and cell phones sometimes have reception problems around her as well.

This is pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Amethyst
Forum Administrator
Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands   (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:41 pm

LOL the REAL LIVE MAGNETO
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ShiroKami
Xeno
The Serenade
Xeno

PostSubject: Re: (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands   (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Ah she's from Bakemonogatari !!!!

Senjogahara, store all sharp school accessories as weapons inside her O.O

(E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands Zba
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands   (E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands Empty

Back to top Go down

(E-News) Schoolgirl with magnetic hands
Page 1 of 1